Beliefs

>>>>

Growing up in Utah was a little challenging at times, mainly because of the Mormon Religion. See, I'm not the religious type, and it seemed that when I was younger, I had a hard time finding friends that were not religious that didn't judge. People would judge myself, family and friends because we lacked their religious beliefs, and not for who we are, what we stood for or our values. I did find some absolutely amazing friends that I will keep my entire life, whom loved me for who I am, and I love them just as much. I wanted to share a little quote with you, because I have always been drawn to it, and it is something I value deeply.

"I never told my own religion nor scrutinized that of another. I never attempted to make a convert, nor wished to change another's creed. I am satisfied that yours must be an excellent religion to have produced a life of such exemplary virtue and correctness. For it is in our lives, and not from our words, that our religion must be judged."   --Thomas Jefferson


1 comment:

Travis and Celena said...

I love you Kate and I am so glad we became friends! I will always cherish the memories we made! You have to admit we had some great times together! Tell your mom I said Hi!